NextOS 3.0: How to set up a Holiday Schedule
Schedules are used to dictate when different call processing policies are activated and deactivated automatically. You can set up multiple schedules depending on your company needs. Schedules are used along with services such as Auto Attendants, Sequential Rings, or Call Forwarding Selective, to specify the time when the service action (ringing the phones, forwarding calls or routing to voicemail) should take place. Schedules are a great way to automatically route calls during recurring holidays, such as Thanksgiving or Labor Day.
- For Administrators, log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top right.
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click the Schedules link in the My Account tile. (Figure 1-1).
Don’t see this? Click here for previous versions.
- Click on the Create Schedule link on the left side of the screen (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2 Create Schedule
- Enter the required information as indicated below (Figure 1-3):
Figure 1-3 Schedule Details
- Schedule Name: a descriptive name for the schedule. Examples include Business Hours, After Hours, and Holidays.
- Type: the type of schedule this is. Select Holiday as the type.
- Level: this specifies where the schedule will be available. The Location setting creates this schedule for the location selected, whereas the Enterprise setting makes the schedule available for all locations. The User setting will create the schedule for the selected user.
- Location: this is the location that the schedule belongs to. This drop-down list is only visible if Location is selected as the Level (see below).
- User: this is the user that the schedule belongs to. This drop-down list is only visible if User is selected as the Level (see below).
- Click the green Save button toward the bottom of the screen.
- Click the + button to create an event for your holiday schedule. (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4 Holiday Hours
- Enter the required information below: Use (Figure 1-5) below as your guide.
- Event Name: The name of the particular holiday for this Event: Christmas, Memorial Day, Independence Day.
- Event Time: Select the date from the calendar on Start date, and set the start time when the schedule would differ for that particular day. Like half-days for Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve. Set the end date if the event is a multi-day holiday or the end date will match the start date by default. Then set the end time. If the office is closed for the entire day, choose the all day event checkbox.
- Recurrence Pattern:
- Never: it only occurs once.
- Daily: You can make it happen every x number of days. Like a schedule that is applied every day or every other day. NOTE: The schedule must encompass 24 or fewer hours to use daily recurrence.
- Weekly: The schedule can be set for every week, every x number of weeks, and you can even select the specific days of the week via checkboxes. NOTE: The schedule must encompass 24 or fewer hours to use weekly recurrence.
- Monthly: You select how often this works: every month, every other month, every 6 months, etc. You can also select either the specific date of every month, like the 1st of every month, or you can select the specific day of every month, like the 1st Monday of every month.
- Yearly: The schedule can occur every year if you’d like. For example New Years is always on the 1st of January. You can also set the schedule to be a specific day of a specific month, such as Labor Day, which is the 1st Monday of every September.
Figure 1-5 Closed All Day
- Recurrence Range: Set how long the schedule will recur. This will only be changeable if the schedule is set to recur. (See above)
- Never: the schedule will be implemented each time it is able and never stop recurring.
- After X occurrences: Set X, and the system will stop recurring after the schedule happens X times.
- End Date: Set a date that will stop the schedule from being implemented.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen. A pop-up message will appear confirming the Holiday Schedule has been successfully created (Figure 1-6).
Figure 1-6 Confirmation Popup
NextOS 2.0: How to set up a Holiday Schedule
Schedules are used to dictate when different call processing polices are activated and deactivated automatically. You can set up multiple schedules depending on your company needs. Schedules are used along with services such as Auto Attendants, Sequential Rings, or Call Forwarding Selective, to specify the time when the service action (ringing the phones, forwarding calls or routing to voicemail) should take place. Schedules are a great way to automatically route calls during recurring holidays, such as Christmas or Labor Day. Please remember to create a working schedule, as well as an after hours schedule, so you can properly route calls automatically within your account.
How to set up a holiday schedule from the Nextiva Portal:
There are two types of schedules: holiday and time-based. A time-based schedule is used for activating and deactivating call processing policies on a daily basis. Holiday schedules are used to set up yearly recurring closed days, such as Christmas for example. In these instructions we will address holiday schedules. For help with time-based schedules click here.
Nextiva offers generic holiday greetings that we invite you to use. You can download them here:
For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column.
Under the Basic options, choose Schedules. To start a new schedule, click Add and type in a unique name, schedule type (Holiday) and then click OK.
Click Add and enter the Event Name. Select the Start Date, specify All Day Event. Set the Recurrence Pattern to Yearly. Click OK. Repeat this step as necessary until you have added all of the observed holidays.
Click OK when all definitions are complete. Then click OK to confirm changes and leave the Schedules page. Now that you have created the holiday schedule you'll want to assign it to the appropriate Auto Attendant, Hunt Group, Call Center or user.
If you would like a customized recording, the Nextiva team is happy to record one for you for $25 per each recorded file. Nextiva offers several voice options. Please send your script requests and any other notes about your recording to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will reply with your attached professional voice recording within 24 to 48 hours.
Adding Schedules Adding Employees Adding Devices
Back to NextOS 3.0