Do Not Disturb is a feature that places a User's phone into a "busy" status, which will reject calls and send them to the User's "busy" voicemail greeting. Follow the steps below to set up this feature:
- For Administrators, log in to NextOS by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on Login found at the top of the page.
- Log in to NextOS with your login credentials.
From the main dashboard, hover your cursor over Users and select Manage Users (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Manage Users
Hover your cursor over the User you want to set up Do Not Disturb for, and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: Edit User
Scroll down, and select the Routing section (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Routing Section
Click the pencil icon to the right of Do not disturb (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Do Not Disturb Edit
If desired, select the Play Ring Reminder when a call is blocked check-box. This option will play a short ring when an incoming call is blocked (Figure 1-5).
Figure 1-5: Ring Reminder Configuration
Click the gray OFF button at the upper-left of the Do not disturb menu to turn the feature to ON. A pop-up message appears stating that the Do Not Disturb settings were saved successfully (Figure 1-6):
Figure 1-6: Confirmation Message
Using Do Not Disturb through a phone via feature access code:
The feature access code for this feature does not change, regardless of phone model or manufacturer.
NOTE: In this guide, off-hook is used to describe when a phone is in use, or has a dial tone before a call is made. On-hook describes when a phone is idle.
- Go off-hook.
- Dial *78 to activate Do not disturb, or *79 to deactivate Do not disturb.
- You will hear an automated message stating "Your Do not disturb services has been activated successfully" or "Your Do not disturb services has been deactivated successfully."
- After the message is finished playing, the phone will automatically hang up.