Contacts in an organization that exist on the Nextiva system as a User come pre-loaded into the corporate Directory. The Directory also contains all Auto Attendants, Call Centers, and Call Groups in the organization.
Adding a User from the Directory to Contacts provides quick access to frequently dialed contacts and personalized experience. Rather than scroll through the entire company Directory to locate contact information, add the User as a Contact to find them quickly.
Users in the Contacts folder can also share their Team Presence to display if they are busy, on a call, available, etc. Contacts can also engage in Chat if they have the Nextiva App or a compatible Dashboard (e.g., Agent, Supervisor, and Receptionist Dashboard).
NOTE: Contacts must be added one at a time, as there is no bulk add option.
Add a Contact from the Directory
The easiest way to add a Contact if the desired Contact is part of the organization is through the Directory. Adding Contacts from the Directory makes it quicker to find Contacts without scrolling through the entire company list every time.
Adding a Contact to the Local Profile from the Directory
- Click the Directory icon to open the corporate Directory.
- Scroll through the Directory and right-click the name of the desired Contact, then select Add to Contacts. Alternatively, begin typing the name, number or extension to search for a Contact.
- Verify the Contact has been added.
Once added as a Contact, the User will receive a message requesting permission to display their Team Presence. The Contact will need to select Accept to allow permission to view. The status will show as Pending until the new Contact accepts the request. Once the permissions are accepted, it will be possible to see the new Contact’s Team Presence in the Contacts
If there is a question mark to the right of the Contact with the word Pending, the permissions were not accepted. While still possible to chat, voice, and video call, Team Presence will not be shown until the User grants permission.
Viewing Team Presence Status
Add a Contact Manually
Manually Adding a Contact to the Local Profile
- While in any section, click Contacts > New Contact. Alternatively, click the Plus [+] icon in the upper-right corner of the Nextiva App in any section.
- Fill out the information in the corresponding fields, then click Save.
- Locate the new Contact in the Contacts section for easy access.
Add a Contact from Microsoft Outlook
After installing the Outlook Integration plugin during the installation of the Nextiva Desktop App, search the Outlook Contact in the Contacts search field and right-click the Contact > Add to Contacts to add the Contact to the Nextiva App. For information about Outlook Integration, click here.
Adding an Outlook Contact to the Local Profile
Unsubscribe or Delete a Contact
There are two levels of Contact removal. To access these levels, locate the Contact and right-click to open the menu:
- Unsubscribe: Removes Team Presence functionality.
- Delete Contact: Deletes the Contact entirely from the local profile. The Contact will still be stored in the Directory if the Contact is part of the organization.
Unsubscribe or Delete Contact