All Contacts in your organization that exist on the Nextiva system come pre-loaded into the Directory when first logging in to the Nextiva App. The Directory contains all of the Auto Attendants, Call Centers, Call Groups, and Users that are on the Nextiva system.
Adding a Contact to Contacts is one of the ways you can chat with other Nextiva App users in the organization, and easily communicate with them without having to scroll through the entire list of Directory Contacts. Think of Contacts as your own Nextiva App phonebook.
Adding a Contact from the Directory:
The easiest way to add a Contact if the desired Contact is part of your organization is through the Directory. Adding Contacts from the Directory makes it quicker to find Contacts in your organization that you communicate with often, without scrolling through entire company list every time.
While on the Contacts screen, click the drop-down arrow in the upper right (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Directory Drop-down
Selecting the drop-down will open both Contacts menus, divided into their own sections outlined below. Select Directory under the Contact Directories section (Figure 1-2).
- Communicator Contacts: A short Contact list, typically used for instant messaging and Team Presence, which shows personalized frequently contacted numbers. For more information about starting a chat, click here.
- Contact Directories: Contacts in both the Local Address Book and the Nextiva Directory. These Contacts are fully customizable, and do not have to be on the Nextiva network. When going off-net, Team Presence and video chat will be unavailable.
Figure 1-2: Directory Location
- Once in the Directory, locate the Contact and select them (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Select Contact to Add
- Once the Contact Profile has opened, click the plus sign to the right of Add to Contacts near the bottom of the screen to add the User to the Nextiva App Contacts List (Figure 1-4). Note: Selecting Add to Local Contacts will add the Contact to the local cellular phonebook.
Figure 1-4: Add Contact to Nextiva App
Adding a Contact Manually:
Manually inputting Contacts is required if the Contact being added is not in your organizational Directory. The new Contact can be part of any Nextiva system to take advantage of Team Presence and chat, as well as any contacts outside of the network you wish to contact through the Nextiva App.
While on the Contacts screen, click the plus sign in the upper right corner (Figure 2-1).
Figure 2-1: Manually Add a Contact
Manually fill out the following fields (Figure 2-2):
- Display Name: A friendly name for the new Contact
- IM Address: If the Contact is on the Nextiva App, enter their IM address located on their profile
- Personal Phone: A personal contact phone number for the new Contact
- Dial-in Number: If adding a Conference Bridge as a Contact, this phone number will connect to the bridge
- Conference ID: If adding a Conference Bridge, this will be the Conference ID
- Security PIN: If adding a Conference Bridge, this will be the PIN used for access
Figure 2-2: Enter Contact Information
- Select the OK button to save the new Contact (Figure 2-3).
Figure 2-3: Select OK to Save Contact
- Once the Contact is saved, the Contact will be located in the Communicator Contacts – All section for easy access.
Removing a Contact:
- There are two levels of Contact removal. To access these levels, locate the Contact in the Communicator Contacts – All section and select the Contact to open up their Profile.
- In the upper right corner, select the ellipses to open the menu (Figure 3-1).
Figure 3-1: Edit Options Ellipses
Once the menu opens, there will be three options described below (Figure 3-2):
- Edit: Allows editing of the current profile information
- Unsubscribe: Removes Team Presence functionality
- Remove: Deletes the Contact completely from the local profile; the Contact will still be located in your Directory if they are part of your organization
Figure 3-2: Removing and Editing a Contact