Group Pick-up allows a user to answer a ringing phone within a predefined zone using a feature access code. Some phone models may have a softkey that can use this feature; please contact Nextiva Support for specific makes and models. Using Group Pickup will be discussed at the end of this article:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, click Manage in the Locations tile.
- Hover your cursor over the location you want to set up Group pick-up for, and click the pencil icon to the right.
- Scroll down, and select the Location features section.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of Group pickup.
- Click the plus sign at the bottom-right of the menu.
- Enter a descriptive name for the pickup group in the Group name text box:
- Select the users that are part of the pickup group by clicking the plus sign next to their names in the Available users box. Alternatively, to add all users to the pickup group, click All at the top of the list:
NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer, you will not see a plus sign next to the users’ names. Instead, click on the names of the users to move them over to the Selected users box.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom-right of the menu. A pop-up message appears stating that the new pickup group has been created:
Using Group Pick-Up:
To use Group Pick-Up, a phone that is part of the pick-up group must be ringing. Any other phone that is part of the pickup group can dial *98 and pick up the call in their pickup group that has been ringing the longest. The call is pulled to the answering phone, and that user can transfer, conference, or use any other phone functions while on the call.