To Record an Auto Attendant Greeting from your Nextiva Phone:
- Dial 9999 from any Nextiva phone.
- When the automated message begins stating "Welcome to your CommPilot Voice Portal", press the * key to interrupt it.
- Dial 9999 and pause for the next message.
NOTE: If you enter an extension number here, you can access the user-level voicemail box settings. Otherwise, proceed to step 4 below.
- The message "Please enter your passcode, followed by the # key" will play. By default the passcode should be "0000" (to change this, choose option 8). If you do not remember the passcode, an Administrator can reset the passcode. If an Administrator is not available, contact Nextiva Support.
- Select Option 1 to change an Auto Attendant Greeting. You will enter the Auto Attendant's extension number here.
- Select whether you want to change the Business Hours Greeting (1) or the After Hours Greeting (2).
- Press 1 to record a new greeting.
- Record your new message.
- Press # when you have finished recording.
You will hear additional menu options after you are finished. You can listen to your recording and re-record a new greeting if necessary. Once you are satisfied with your new greeting, the greeting will be updated and implemented for your Auto Attendant.