In the Nextiva Voice Portal you can assign multiple phone numbers or extensions to an Auto Attendant. Each number will reach the same greeting and each menu will function identically to the main number. If you need to modify available options in your Business or After hours menus for the holidays, or you have a different greeting that you want to substitute for your current greeting, follow the steps below.
- As an Administrator, you can access the Nextiva Voice Portal by clicking HERE.
- Hover-over Advanced Routing at the top of the screen and select Auto Attendants (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Auto Attendants
- On the Manage Auto Attendants screen, click the drop-down menu to select the location to which the Auto Attendant belongs (Figure 1-2).
NOTE: Until a location is selected, no Auto Attendants will display.
Figure 1-2: Manage Auto Attendants
- Hover the cursor over the Auto Attendant you want to add a schedule to and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Pencil Icon
- Select the Holiday Schedule you would like to use for this Auto Attendant from the drop-down menu. Time events declared as holidays in this schedule will cause the Auto Attendant’s After hours menu to play instead of the Business hours menu (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Holiday Schedule
- Click Save to make adjustments to your Auto Attendant menus for Business hours and After hours if needed.
Adjusting the Business hours and After hours main menus
After saving the updated profile information for the Auto Attendant, you will be able to modify the Business hours menu and the After hours menu for the Auto Attendant. Follow the steps below to modify these menus:
- Select Business Hours menu.
- Select the greeting you would like to assign to the Business hours menu from the Greeting drop-down menu (Figure 2-1). If you do not see any greetings listed, you will need to upload one to the Announcement Repository. For instructions on how to upload files to the Announcement Repository, click HERE.
Figure 2-1 Greeting Drop-Down Menu
- If you would like to allow callers to dial the extension of the party they want to speak to, make sure the Enable first-level extension check box is selected. If you would not like callers to have this option, leave this box unchecked.
- If you would like to modify your menu for the Auto Attendant, adjust the information in the fields below:
- Key: The numbered option callers will press (I.e: “for sales, press 1, for support, press 2,” etc.).
- Description: A description of the numbered option.
Action: This specifies what should happen when callers press that key. The most common option is transfer without prompt, which immediately forwards the call to an extension or external number. A list of all action options are below:
- Transfer With Prompt: Sends the call to an extension or external number, but plays a short message before doing so. If the call is being transferred to an extension on the same account, the message that will play is “Transferring to…” and the recorded name from the voicemail box. If the call is being transferred to an external number, the message that will play is “Please wait while your call is transferred.”
- Transfer Without Prompt: Sends the call to an extension or external number without playing any messages.
- Transfer to Operator: Sends the call to an extension or external number after playing a message that says “Please wait while your call is transferred to the operator.” Callers that do not dial an extension or press a numbered option on the auto attendant will be transferred to the operator. This is almost always the 0 option on the menu.
- Name Dialing: Sends the call to an automated menu, which prompts the caller to enter on their phone the name of the person they want to speak to
- Extension Dialing: Sends the call to an automated menu, which allows the caller to enter the extension of the person they want to speak to. This is not necessary if the Enable first-level extension check box is selected.
- Transfer to Mailbox: Sends the call to the voicemail box of the auto attendant
- Play Announcement: Plays a message, then sends the call back to the main auto attendant menu
- Repeat Menu: Replays the message
- Exit: Ends the call
- Action data: the extension or external number the call should route to when callers press that numbered option. This does not apply to actions such as Exit or Replay the message.
Click Save at the bottom of the action configuration menu. A pop-up message appears stating that the auto attendant has been updated (Figure 2-2).
Figure 2-2: Auto Attendant Successful Update