In NextOS you can assign multiple phone numbers or extensions to an Auto Attendant. Each number will reach the same greeting and each menu will function identically to the main number. If you need to modify available options in your Business or After hours menus for the holidays, or you have a different greeting that you want to substitute for your current greeting, follow the steps below.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing at the top of the screen and select Auto Attendants.
- On the Manage Auto Attendants screen, click the drop-down menu to select the location to which the Auto Attendant belongs.
NOTE: Until a location is selected, no Auto Attendants will display.
Manage Auto Attendants
- Hover the cursor over the Auto Attendant you want to add a schedule to and click the pencil icon to the right.
- Select the Holiday Schedule you would like to use for this Auto Attendant from the drop-down menu. Time events declared as holidays in this schedule will cause the Auto Attendant’s After hours menu to play instead of the Business hours menu.
- Click Save to make adjustments to your Auto Attendant menus for Business hours and After hours if needed.
Adjusting the Business hours and After hours main menus
After saving the updated profile information for the Auto Attendant, you will be able to modify the Business hours menu and the After hours menu for the Auto Attendant. Follow the steps below to modify these menus:
- Select Business Hours menu.
- Select the greeting you would like to assign to the Business hours menu from the Greeting drop-down menu. If you do not see any greetings listed, you will need to upload one to the Announcement Repository. For instructions on how to upload files to the Announcement Repository, click here.
- Select the Allow extension dialing during greeting checkbox. This allows callers to dial the extension of the person they want to speak to, if they know it.
- Create your menu for the Auto Attendant using the fields below.
Auto Attendant Menu
- Key: The numbered option that callers will press (“for sales, press 1, for support, press 2,” etc.).
- Description: A description for the numbered option.
- Connect To: Specifies what should happen when callers press that key. The most common option is Number/extension, which immediately forwards the call to an extension or external number. Here’s a list of actions:
- Number/extension (prompt xfer): Sends the call to an extension or external number, but plays a short message before doing so. If the call is being transferred to an extension on the same account, the message that will play is “Transferring to…” and the recorded name from the voicemail box. If the call is being transferred to an external number, the message that will play is “Please wait while your call is transferred.”
- Number/extension: Sends the call to an extension or external number without playing any messages.
- Transfer to Operator: Sends the call to an extension or external number after playing a message that says “Please wait while your call is transferred to the operator.” Callers who do not dial an extension or press a numbered option on the Auto Attendant will be transferred to the operator. This should be the 0 option on the menu.
- Name Dialing: Sends the call to an automated menu, which prompts the caller to enter on their phone the name of the person with which they wish to speak.
- Extension Dialing: Sends the call to an automated menu, which allows the caller to enter the extension of the person with which they wish to speak. This is not necessary if the Enable first-level extension dialing check box is selected.
- Voicemail Box: Sends the call to the voicemail box of the Auto Attendant.
- Recorded Message: Plays a message, then sends the call back to the main auto attendant menu.
- Repeat Menu: Replays the message.
- Disconnect Message: Ends the call.
- Action data: The extension or external number the call should route to when callers press that numbered option. This does not apply to actions such as Exit or Replay the message..
TIP: To send a call to the voicemail box of an extension, enter *55, followed by the extension number (e.g. *551000 for extension 1000).
- Select Save when complete. A pop-up message appears stating that the auto attendant has been updated.
Auto Attendant Successful Update