Nextiva offers virtual fax service at an affordable price. Now you can send faxes via the vFAX Portal, an email address of your choosing, or even via a traditional fax machine with the purchase of the Nextiva Fax Bridge device.
To send faxes via email:
- Log in to the email account you set as the primary email address for your vFAX account. Only one email address is setup as an outbound email for each vFAX line. If you're not sure which email to use, feel free to log in at vFax.Nextiva.com and click Settings at the top of the page.
- Once you are in the primary email, navigate to compose a new email. When sending the email, make the To address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach the documents you would like to fax in the order your recipient should see them. You can attach up to 10 files. Please note: The maximum file size for a fax is 5MB, and faxes larger than 2MB will experience extended send times. Your email provider may also limit the file size you can send out.
Once your documents are attached, you can type a message into the body of the email if you like. If you are using our default cover page, the message you type here will show under Notes on the cover page. When you're done you are ready to send the email.
Sending your fax is now complete. You can track the progress of your fax by logging in at vFax.Nextiva.com and clicking Search at the top to view all faxes. Faxes tend to take 1 to 2 minutes per page on average.
To send faxes with the Nextiva vFAX Portal:
- Log in to the vFAX Portal by going to vFax.Nextiva.com and entering your login credentials. Answer the Security Math Question, and click Submit.
- Next click Send from the menu at the top of the vFAX Portal or Send Fax on the Dashboard, whichever you prefer.
Fill out any desired fields, including the Fax Number field (the destination number), the Deliver To field (the name of the recipient), and the Sent From field (your name or company name). You also have the option to include a default cover page here, as well. The only field that is required is the Fax Number.
Once you have finished filling in the fields you'd like to use, click Next in the upper right corner.
Next you have the option to upload a file (up to 10 files total per fax). The accepted file types are listed on this page for easy reference. Find the file you want to fax by clicking Browse. The file(s) you selected will display in the portal under Selected Files once they have been successfully attached. If you want to use your own cover page, attach it first before you attach any other files. Click Next once all of your files are attached.
At any time you can select the Edit button to the left of Next. This will take you back to the previous step.
- You should now see the Preview Fax screen. You will notice the preview fields are showing coding and are not filled in with specific info – this screen is just to show you where the info feeds from, including the first send tab (Recipient Info).
The next screen accomplishes two tasks. First it gives you the option to select the type of fax (personal, business, etc.) and a destination folder. This is used for organizational purposes if you prefer. Also, you may add a memo for yourself to reference down the road. This screen also allows you to add additional fax number recipients (or email addresses) so you can send to up to 6 recipients at a time. Once complete, click Next.
Sending your fax is now complete. You can track the progress of your fax by clicking Search at the top of the portal to view all faxes. Faxes tend to take 1 to 2 minutes per page on average.