You can now customize your Auto Attendant messaging for any occasion or purpose by uploading an existing file to the Nextiva system, using the Announcement Repository. Once your greeting has been created and saved as a .wav file, you are welcome to upload it to your account by following the instructions below. For instructions on how to record an Auto Attendant Greeting, click here.
To upload a recorded file, you must follow these formatting rules:
- PCM Uncompressed (sometimes called µ-Law)
- .wav file type
- 8 or 16 Bit
- 8000 HZ
- Also, please note files larger than 2MB may not upload.
NOTE: These files require specific formatting. For assistance formatting,a file or uploading to the Announcement Repository, contact Nextiva Support.
This is the only file format accepted within the Nextiva system. There are many audio file converters available for free online.
- For Administrators, log in to NextOS by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on Login found at the top of the page. Alternatively, click here.
- Log in to NextOS with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, hover your mouse over Locations at the top of the page, then select Manage Locations (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Manage Locations
- Select the pencil icon to the right of the Location for which you wish to upload a greeting (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: Edit Location
- Scroll down and click Announcements to expand the options. Here you can see your existing files and upload a new file by clicking the Upload File button (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Uploading an Announcement
- To delete a file, click the trash can icon to the right of the greeting you wish to delete (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Deleting an Announcement
NOTE: Maximum Repository capacity is 5MB per box. Users have their own Announcement Repositories as well for convenience.
- From the NextOS dashboard, hover-over Advanced Routing at the top of the page and select Auto Attendants (Figure 2-1).
Figure 2-1: Auto Attendants
- On the Manage Auto Attendants screen, click the drop-down menu to select the location to which the Auto Attendant belongs (Figure 2-2).
NOTE: Until a location is selected, no Auto Attendants will display.
Figure 2-2: Auto Attendant Location Selection
- Hover the cursor over the Auto Attendant you wish to assign a new greeting to, or click Create Auto Attendant to create a new one (Figure 2-3).
Figure 2-3: Edit or Create an Auto Attendant
- Select either the Business Hours Menu or After Hours Menu to expand the selection, whichever you want to assign the new greeting to (Figure 2-4).
Figure 2-4: Business or After Hours Selection
- Under the Greeting section, select the drop-down menu to show the list of available greetings. All of the files in your Announcement Repository will be on the list. After selecting the appropriate greeting, click the green Save button (Figure 2-5).
Figure 2-5: Greeting Selection
NOTE: It is always a best practice to make a test call to your Auto Attendant to ensure it is setup the way you prefer, and that the correct greeting is playing. If you have any questions, contact our Support Team here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.