There is no doubt that VoIP and IP telephony have changed the world of business communications for the better. As a technology, VoIP, facilitates many forms of communication including video, audio, wired and even mobile by leveraging the abilities of the public Internet network.
Simply put, VoIP involves a collection of technologies that through the use of the Internet Protocol have the ability to exchange fax, verbal and data communications instead of being reliant upon the public telephone network.
Business VoIP technology allows businesses with multiple locations or remote employees to remain connected over a single converged network. IP telephony is a revolutionary and multi-faceted technology that facilitates the use of many innovated and advantageous features, such as, enhanced scalability and survivability, global connectivity, advanced calling features, web conferencing and unified communications.
Deploying a small business VoIP solution provides a myriad of significant cost and performance benefits – benefits that would never be attainable while maintaining separate networks for voice, video and data communications. One of the most notable benefits of VoIP is the heightened productivity experienced by employees of businesses deploying the technology. Given that VoIP supports a large variety of applications and devices it provides employees with the ability to perform their daily tasks in a much more efficient manner.
Improved business resiliency is also experienced when deploying VoIP. Since VoIP technology is structured in a way that easily detects and eliminates potential failures it has proven to be an invaluable technology for use in disaster recovery planning. In the event of a local disaster service can automatically be redirected to an alternate location to prevent an interruption in business communications.
Cost efficiencies have always been the primary factor in the decision to deploy VoIP communications in a small business environment. Given VoIP’s ability to merge both voice and data networks into single network businesses are able to realize significant cost advantages and lowered operational costs.
Heighted customer satisfaction is also a key benefit of VoIP technology. The ability to satisfy and meet the needs of demanding consumers is indicative of any successful business. As VoIP enables businesses to communicate more effectively with their client base, it allows for improved business communication and allows businesses to realize the extreme benefits of low cost infrastructure while leveraging their existing resources.
Some of the most advantageous benefits of VoIP include:
• The reduction of administration and network costs.
• The ability for employees to maintain focus on core business functions.
• The ability to leverage and optimize existing resources.
• The elimination of contracts and vendor lock-ins.
• The ability to integrate many productivity boosting third-party applications.
• Simplified administration and management.
• Enhanced efficiency of IT resources.
• Guaranteed Quality of Service and service delivery.
• Heightened operational efficiency.
• Effectively improve employee connectivity.
• Reduced telecommunication expenses.
• Lowered operational costs.
• The ability to leverage the skills and expertise of a mobile workforce.
• The ability to harness the benefits of unified communications.
• Easy facilitation for future business growth and expansion.
VoIP is an integral part of any well established business communications plan and studies indicate that its success will continue to grow at a steady rate. To further examine the possibilities and benefits associated with a small business VoIP service contact Nextiva today.