Making the switch from a traditional phone system, such as an on-premises PBX with limited functionality, to a feature-rich cloud-based system opens up endless possibilities for your business. Simple things like personal voicemails for each employee and easily transferring calls between locations may not seem significant, but can revolutionize your business. The Nextiva team recently had the chance to visit Spectrum Eye Care in Charlotte, North Carolina who now relies on our NextOS platform for their communication needs.
During the team’s visit, Michael Hall, Operations Manager for the eye care provider, shared details about the outdated system the company was using before deciding to come in to the “new age” and move to a hosted phone system. Previously, the company was unable to transfer patients from one of their locations to the other, and each office was limited to one voicemail box (they have three locations in the city). Providing exceptional customer service to patients is a main concern of the medical office, and they knew they needed to find a solution that would provide reliable service as well as new communication features they wanted to take advantage of.
After doing extensive research, Michael found Nextiva, and knew that it was the right fit based on the shared value of providing exception customer service. Initially, the company was nervous about the switch to a VoIP system, but the Nextiva team was there every step of the way for their implementation to ensure their phones, features and call flows were set up correctly. Since moving to Nextiva, Spectrum has taken advantage of the feature-rich system and experienced the below benefits:
- Reliability: Patients must be able to get in touch with staff and/or a doctor when an urgent situation arises. Nextiva’s reliable platform ensures that patients can always reach staff and/or a doctor that can help them.
- Scalability: The medical office can easily add lines of service in minutes or implement a small call center without having to invest in costly equipment and infrastructure.
- Improved internal communications: Communication between offices and employees has become seamless, providing patients with an improved customer experience and reducing miscommunication and frustration for staff.
Nextiva Office and the NextOS platform, our VoIP product, changed the way the company communicated with patients and fellow employees, but they didn’t stop there. Spectrum Eye Care implemented additional Nextiva services to further grow their business, including:
- Nextiva Call Center: The company has three busy locations throughout the city, and implementing a small call center in their main office allows them to easily take calls from one central location and route patients to the appropriate office or employee without forcing them to hang up and call a different number.
- Nextiva vFAX: All Nextiva Office customers receive a FREE virtual faxing account when they sign up with Nextiva. For a company that is constantly faxing patient prescriptions and medical records, they love that they never experience a busy signal when sending a fax and faxes are stored electronically for easy reference.
Meet Michael and hear Spectrum Eye Care’s Nextiva story.