Nextiva customer MaidPro has a simple vision: to clean up North America. Their nationwide residential and commercial cleaning service brings trained professionals to rid customers of dirt at surprisingly affordable rates. Founded in 1991 in Massachusetts, MaidPro has recently franchised their cleaning business into offices across the country.
The Nextiva team traveled to Boston to meet with Jeff Wechsler, VP of R&D and Technology at MaidPro, to learn more about the organization and how cloud phone service can benefit a franchised company.
Jeff explained how the transition into adding franchisees led to the need for a more intricate phone system. He shared with us, “When we originally built our model, the only option was to get copper. To be able to handle multiple calls simultaneously, you’d have to get multiple lines, and it became very expensive and cumbersome.”
Eventually, these annoyances led the MaidPro team to look into alternative communication options. What Jeff’s team found with Nextiva was a partnership that was able to make their business communications:
- Simpler – MaidPro is now able to provide franchisees with a system that is simple to set up, use, and obtain support. “As a franchisor, we need to ensure that our franchisees get support from the vendors that we help line up for them,” Jeff explained.
- Easier – MaidPro can now provide franchise owners with a phone system that can be activated by simply plugging an IP phone into an Internet connection. “This solution makes it a heck of a lot easier for us,” he said of communications in the cloud.
- Faster – Things move rapidly within MaidPro, as they’re constantly adding new franchises across the country. Jeff told us, “You want someone picking up the phone that can actually help you. There’s always work for us and our franchisees end up getting the support that we require.”
- More cost efficient – MaidPro discovered the attractive cost benefit of VoIP that thousands of other businesses across the country have experienced: a flat monthly rate payment structure instead of being charged per-minute, which has improved their franchisees’ profit margins.
- More manageable – “One of the real benefits we’ve always found with Nextiva is that their infrastructure is designed in such a way that it makes it very usable for franchised and distribution organizations,” explained Jeff. The cloud system allows business owners to have hands-on access to their own system, or simply call Nextiva’s Support Team for immediate assistance