Business communications systems allow businesses to effectively communicate through text, audio, video, or a single system of all three. One or more of these communication methods are integrated into a computer-based network to provide ways for businesses to communicate with other businesses, customers, employees, and the general public. The most basic form of a communication system is email support and/or telephone. More robust business communication systems acquire support for instant messaging, video conferencing, and audio transmissions sent through the Internet. By combining telephone, email, and other communication tools into a single computer system, businesses can minimize personnel costs and provide better forms of communication.
- History of Communication: Overview of communication methods through the ages, such as the telegraph, telephone, radio, and television.
- Data Communications Milestones: History of data communications and how it has advanced through the centuries to what it is today.
- The Basic Physics of Wireless Communication: Details on the basic communication theory, how wireless systems work, and the general idea behind EMF.
- Use Communications Systems: Criteria and skills required to utilize communication systems, including worksite environment and applicable regulations and legislation.
- Basic Computer and Communication Tools: Learn about the types of communication systems, common tools, computer systems, and how the Internet is incorporated into these systems.
- American Business Telephone: Brief history of the telephone and the voice communication network used for businesses.
- A Brief History – The Bell System: History of the Bell System, milestones in AT&T history, and the invention of the telephone.
- Types of Office Telephone Equipment: Learn about IUB single-line telephones, IUPUI single-line and business set add-on modules.
- Commercial Phone Systems: Information on the various types of commercial phone systems, such as PABX, PBX, key system, and VoIP phone systems.
- Types of Business Phone Systems: Business telephone system’s buying guide includes tips on buying office phones, phone system features, and which type of phone is most efficient for business use.
- Cellular Telephone Basics: Information on how exactly cell phones work and the different channels they utilize to connect parties.
- Facts about the Mobile – A Journey through Time: History of mobile phones and how they can be beneficial to businesses.
- Cellular Phone via Satellite: Connection between cellular telephones and satellites and how they can be combined for phone service.
- Digital Cellular Packet Data: Information on Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) and how it can be used over the cellular network.
- Simplify your Communications through Bluetooth: Bluetooth technology can be incorporated into the cell phone service to improve business productivity.
- Satellite Communications and Technology: History, key issues, and information on European, Japanese, and Russian satellite communications.
- History of Communications Systems: Brief history of satellite communication systems in the United Sates beginning in 1946.
- Communications Satellites – Making the Global Village Possible: Brief history of satellite communications system and its advanced technology.
- Clawing Back Demands for Satellites: Learn about the future of satellite communication systems used for businesses.
- Broadband via Satellite: Communication using broadband connections can now be accessed via satellite and effective for home and small business use.
Fiber Optic Systems
- Laser/Fiber Optic Communication Systems: General goals of using fiber optic communication systems over other types of communication systems.
- Fiber Optics – A Tutorial: Advantages of fiber optic cables over traditional copper cables.
- User’s Guide to Fiber Optic System: Design and installation guide to fiber optics from the Fiber Optic Association.
- Fiber Optic Technologies: Several chapters on fiber-optic technologies, including a brief history, applications, physics, construction, and fiber types.
- Optical Fiber Communications: Details on how fiber optics works to transmit information over long distances.