If you are using our Connect product and don't have a microphone, we give you the ability to record the auto attendant greeting via your telephone with a few easy steps.
- Log into the Office Manager. You should have received your login from Nextiva when you signed up. In the case that you lost it, please contact Nextiva Support to reset it.
- Click on Default -> Employees under the Site left navigation bar.
- Click on Edit for the default employee that Nextiva creates for you when you sign up.
- Click on the Outside Line drop down box and check on the telephone number that you purchased when signing up.
- Click Save
You are now ready to make recordings! To record your greeting, simply pick up your telephone and call your Nextiva phone number. If you don't remember your phone number, you can get it by re-logging into your office manager at https://manage.nextiva.com.
If you want multiple greetings, you can do so by calling your number multiple times and leaving multiple voicemails. Once you are done with all your greetings, you can go ahead download them to your computer. You can do so by going to https://portal.nextiva.com. In most cases, you can use the same login as you did for your office manager. If you can't login with the same details, please contact Nextiva support for assistance.
- Once logged in, click on VoiceMail on the right navigation menu. You should see your voicemails you recently added. You can save them to your computer by clicking on the New Messages link.
- To save the recording to your computer, you can click on the speaker icon under Listen and click Save As.
- The last step is to upload your recordings to the Office Manager. Please go back to the office manager at https://manage.nextiva.com and click on the Auto Attendant link under Sites. Under the Greeting it gives you the ability to upload your own greeting. Click Browse, find the WAV file you downloaded from your portal (Usually called voicemail.wav) and click Save.
Once you save, your auto attendant now has a greeting! If you only have one DID, please make sure to remove your phone number from your 'Temporary' employee under 'Employees' and assign it to our Auto Attendant. If you have any questions or problems with uploading your own greeting, please contact Nextiva Support at firstname.lastname@example.org