Nextiva Assistant Enterprise, also called the Nextiva Toolbar, is an easy to use online interface to your NextOS account that is used with Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer and is available to Nextiva Enterprise customers. The Nextiva Toolbar enables users to perform basic call control functions and configure commonly used services online instead of through the phone or device. The first step to activating this feature is to install the Toolbar application to your desktop.
- Follow this link: http://nextiva.com/assistant/Assistant%20Enterprise_17_0_232_1.exe
- Run the file and make sure to have IE, Firefox and Outlook closed.
- You will need to be an administrator to install it.
- The first time it is run it might have a security popup on the bottom of the screen that you have to allow.
- Once installed, click on the options button to display the setup options.
- On the General tab, check the box that says Auto login when connected to network
- Under the Account tab, put in the user level login and password. You may choose to save the username and password here. You must have user level login enabled for this user in order for the Toolbar to work.
- Under Connection put cp.nextiva.com and leave the port at 2208
- Click OK to close the Options window.
- Last, click the button that looks like an eye to log in.
In Outlook 2007 and later versions, the Toolbar shows up in the Add-Ins ribbon. Follow the same steps to get this to work with Internet Explorer. The Toolbars are nearly identical. You will only need to setup the Toolbar once for it to work in IE, Firefox, and Outlook.