It may be possible for Nextiva vFAX to port your existing fax number from your current provider to our service.
We can check to see if your fax number is portable to Nextiva (to check portability, email email@example.com)
If your number is eligible to be transferred to Nextiva, we will send you an LOA (Letter of Agency) to complete and return to our porting department.
We can port local & toll-free numbers to Nextiva.
*Porting is the process of moving your fax number from one provider to another. While the process may take up to a few weeks, the steps that need to be taken are relatively few.
Here are the porting steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying yourself by the Nextiva account number or a fax number on your account. Include the numbers you wish to port into Nextiva vFAX, along with the name of your Previous Carrier.
- Nextiva will identify, based on the information submitted into our porting department via step 1, which Nextiva carrier will hold the number once it’s ported in (XO, Broadvox, etc.) and send you the paperwork corresponding to that carrier. The porting department will also need a copy of your bill from the previous provider and will request that you send that to us, along with the completed paperwork.
- Fill out all paperwork sent to you by Nextiva's porting department, and fax/email it back, along with a copy of your bill with the carrier currently holding the number. As soon as Nextiva receives this paperwork, the porting department will put a request into your previous carrier to release the number and submit all required paperwork. Provided that all required paperwork is submitted, the carrier will process the request and send us back an FOC Date, or Firm Order Completion date. This will be the day when the port will take place. This process usually takes 2-4 weeks to complete, and you are required to keep service with us and the previous carrier during the porting process.
- A few days before the FOC date, Nextiva will add the fax number to your account. Even though Nextiva doesn’t control the number yet, this makes it possible to assign the number before porting, which helps eliminate downtime on the day the port happens. If this is not done, when the previous carrier releases the number and Nextiva captures it, it will not be assigned anywhere and will not work until it is.
- Once all desired numbers have been ported into Nextiva vFAX, the account with the previous provider may be closed.
Note: It is important that the account stay open until all desired numbers are ported to Nextiva vFAX because the previous carrier won’t release the number if there is a pending balance on the account, or if the account is closed. It must be a working account with no debt for the port to be approved. Nextiva does not have the ability to cancel a customer’s account with previous providers.