Busy Lamp Field allows you to monitor when other users are on their phone. It also allows you to pick up calls that are ringing to monitored users.
How to Setup Busy Lamp Field in the Portal
- Open the Personal Web Portal for your user
- Click on Client Applications under Options
- Click on Busy Lamp Field
- Enter the employee’s user ID followed by BLF in the List URI field
- Change the drop down to prod.voipdnsservers.com from nextiva.com
- Search for the people you want to monitor or click Search to pull up a list of all users
- Select the people you wish to monitor from the Available Users box and click the Add button
- You can then rearrange the order by using the Move Up and Move Down buttons
- Click OK
Loading the Configuration into Polycom Phones
To update Polycom phones, simply reboot the phone. It will download its new configuration file and load the Busy Lamp Field into the phone.
Loading the Configuration into Other Phones
Currently to configure all other phones, users will have to call into support for quick setup. As always, Nextiva is working on simpler ways to update Busy Lamp Field for users.
To Answer Calls That Are Ringing To Monitored Users
When another person’s phone is ringing, you can press the line key that is associated with that user and it should pick up the call using directed call pickup.
Some phone models may not support this feature or the phone may have to be configured to use the directed call pickup feature on Busy Lamp Field.
However, this does not allow you to make calls from the monitored line; it allows the pickup of calls that are ringing to their phone.