Auto attendants allow companies to have automated a receptionist that provides a personalized message and routes callers to the correct person or group of people. Callers have the ability to connect to an operator, access a dial-by-name directory, direct dial an extension or connect to a specific department. Nextiva allows customers to have multiple auto-attendants
How to setup from portal:
1. Log into your Nextiva portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the Customer Login found at the top right. You must be in the admin’s account in order to create an auto attendant.
2. When you login with the admin credentials, it will pull up the NextOS portal, from here click Sites and Employees. Find the site you would like to add the auto attendant and click Login under the corresponding admin login.
3. Now on the left-hand side select Services, then select Auto Attendant, one on this page select Add. On this page you will be required to fill out: auto attendant ID, name of auto attendant, first and last name you calling line ID. Make sure that you have selected the correct time zone as well as the Business Hours schedule that you would like to have for this auto attendant. You have a variety of additional options, most customers stay with the default options with the exception of the Name Dialing Entries, the alternative choice is preferred.
4. After selecting OK, you will be taken to the Business Hours Menu. On this page you will be able to upload a personal greeting and set up your transfer options for your customers. The Key will correspond to the number your customers will select and the Action will be the result of that selection. For example key 0 you may select Transfer to operator, and type in the operators extension number in the Phone Number box that should now appear.
5. Once you have set up all of your routing selections press OK. This will take you to the After Hours Menu, here you should make few options as most of your employees will not be in the office. This might be a great opportunity to have one of the options transfer to the company Voicemail. To do this choice a number, label it Voicemail in the description and select Transfer without prompt. Within the Phone Number box type *55100, this is the option you should also use for the operator.