The Nextiva App combines voice, video, and instant messaging into a single application that you can access from your desk phone, computer, or mobile device on any Windows, Mac OSX, iOS or Android platform. Nextiva integrated a feature-rich softphone application with chat functionality, on-net video calling, presence sharing technology and so much more.
How to setup the Nextiva App on your Android:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click Employees in the middle of the screen.
- Click Edit to the right of the employee who will be using the Nextiva App.
- Click Edit Assignments towards the bottom-right.
- Select Assign radio button next to NextOS Pro Plus Upgrade or NextOS Enterprise Upgrade package. FYI: If the only option available to you is to select the Unassign radio button, then the package is already assigned.
- Download the Nextiva App for Android from the Google Play Store. NOTE: There may be more than one version of the Nextiva App available in the Google Play Store. You are looking for the App that does NOT contain a blue border around the Nextiva logo and is labeled “Nextiva App”. Open the Nextiva App on your Android phone.
- Login with your username and password.
FYI: The username should have @nextiva.com on the end of it (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org for username jsmith).
- Click on Publish Location on the bottom of the My Location window that appears in order to publish your location to other users on your account. Alternatively, if you do not wish to publish your location, click No Location at the bottom of the window.
- When finished, tap the menu button on your Android phone.
- Select Sign Out from the menu. NOTE: If you do not sign out of the Nextiva App, it will continue to run in the background. This could drain the battery on your phone in less than three hours, even if the battery was fully charged when you first opened the App.