Email to fax will allow a user to send fax via email and have that email converted to a fax and sent to a fax machine.
Troubleshooting inbound email problems:
Most email-to-fax issues are related to the how the email address is formatted. Please try the following to help resolve any inbound email problems.
- When sending a fax via email the phone number must always be 11 or 10 digits. (for example firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) ; No dashes, spaces, periods.
- Verify the email account that faxes are sending from is the primary email on the account.
- Verify email domain is on the email allowed domain list below.
- Verify the attachment is a valid attachment type listed below.
Valid attachment types for email:
- Image Files (TIFF, GIF, PNG, JPEG)
- Adobe Acrobat Files (PDF)
- Microsoft Office Files (DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX,PPT ,PPTX)
- Printer File Formats (PCL, EPS, PS)
- Internet Files (HTML, XML, XSL)
- Text Files (TXT, RTF)
Current allowed email domains:
- Make sure the user adds firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or white list or emails to avoid SPAM filters.
- Here are the IP Addresses to allow if there is a Firewall on the network:
- fax.nextiva.com = 126.96.36.199
- nextiva.com = 188.8.131.52
- email from nextivafax.com = 184.108.40.206