Email to fax will allow a user to send fax via email and have that email converted to a fax and sent to a fax machine.
Troubleshooting inbound email problems:
Most email-to-fax issues are related to the how the email address is formatted. Please try the following to help resolve any inbound email problems.
- When sending a fax via email the phone number must always be 11 or 10 digits. (for example email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) ; No dashes, spaces, periods.
- Verify the email account that faxes are sending from is the primary email on the account.
- Verify email domain is on the email allowed domain list below.
- Verify the attachment is a valid attachment type listed below.
Valid attachment types for email:
- Image Files (TIFF, GIF, PNG, JPEG)
- Adobe Acrobat Files (PDF)
- Microsoft Office Files (DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX,PPT ,PPTX)
- Printer File Formats (PCL, EPS, PS)
- Internet Files (HTML, XML, XSL)
- Text Files (TXT, RTF)
Current allowed email domains:
- Make sure the user adds email@example.com to your address book or white list or emails to avoid SPAM filters.
- Here are the IP Addresses to allow if there is a Firewall on the network:
- fax.nextiva.com = 18.104.22.168
- nextiva.com = 22.214.171.124
- email from nextivafax.com = 126.96.36.199
Tell us how can we improve this post?
Tags: Domains, Email fax issues, Email fax problem, email to fax, fax, fax to email, Faxes not coming through, Faxing problems, File, File Format, Files, Inbound faxes, Notification, Send Fax, Send fax via email, Troubleshooting, vfax