Once you are on an active call you have two options of transferring the call. You can perform either a warm transfer or a blind transfer.
A warm transfer allows you to talk to the person who will be receiving the transfer. This way you can ensure the person receiving the transfer is available and ready for the call.
- You can perform a warm transfer by pressing the button on the phone that corresponds to the word xfer displayed near the bottom of the screen while on an active call. *Don’t put calls on hold, just press xfer.
- Once you have pressed xfer, you will need to input the extension or number of the person you will be transferring the call to and press dial.
- When performing a warm transfer, you are required to wait until the receiving party answers the call. Once you are connected to the receiving party, you can press the xfer button one more time to complete the transfer.
A blind transfer allows you to send a call to an alternate extension or phone number without waiting for an answer or confirming the availability of the receiving party.
- You can perform a blind transfer by pressing the right arrow on the directional arrow pad, then pressing the button on the phone that corresponds to the word bxfer displayed near the bottom of the screen while on an active call. *Don’t put calls on hold, just press bxfer.
- Once you have pressed bxfer, you will need to input the extension or number of the person you are transferring the call to and press dial.
- This will immediately remove the call from your phone and send it to the extension or number dialed.