NextOS 3.0: How to setup up Sequential Ring
Sequential ring is used to ring multiple phones or extensions in sequence, if the call is not answered within a pre-defined number of rings. These phones can be other phones in your office, as well as cell phones and home phones. When calls first come in, the caller hears a message saying “Please wait while we try to locate the party you are trying to reach.” As the call routes from one number to the next, the caller will hear a message saying “We are still trying to locate the party.” Follow the steps below to set this up:
- For Administrators, log in to the NextOS 3.0 Beta portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top right.
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 Beta portal with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click Manage in the Users tile (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1 Manage Users
- Hover the cursor over the name of the user that needs Sequential Ring configured, and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2 User Edit
- Scroll down and click the Mobility section (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3 Mobility Options
- Click the pencil icon next to the Sequential Ring option (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4 Sequential Ring Edit
- Fill in the fields as indicated below (Figure 1-5):
Figure 1-5 Sequential Ring Menu
- Ring my main phone first for _ rings: defines whether or not the main phone rings first, and for how long. To have calls skip the main phone and go to whatever phone is specified next, uncheck the check box to the left of the option.
- Continue ringing sequence if main number is busy: this setting controls whether or not the other phone numbers in the list will ring if the main phone is in use.
- Enable caller to skip the sequence, assuming forwarding or voicemail is enabled: allows callers to skip ringing on all the phones if they choose.
- Enter the phone numbers to ring in sequence in the Phone number text boxes, as well as the number of rings for each number (Figure 1-6). Internal extensions, such as 1002, or external phone numbers, such as 4805551234 are accepted.
Figure 1-6 Sequential Ring Setup
- If desired, select the Answer confirmation required check box (Figure 1-7). This will force the end recipient to press a button on their phone to accept the call, and can also be used to prevent calls from going to their voicemail.
Figure 1-7 Answer Confirmation.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the Sequential Ring menu. This will save the changes you have made so far, but the Sequential Ring feature will not be active until you specify criteria for wheb ti activate your sequential ring list (see below).
- Click the plus sign at the bottom of the Sequential ring menu (Figure 1-8).
Figure 1-8 Criteria
- Enter the required information as indicated below (Figure 1-9):
Figure 1-9 Sequential Ring Options
- Name: a description for the event. Examples include “Business Hours” and “After Hours” if setting up schedule-based sequential ringing.
- Don’t use sequential ring: this setting allows you to turn sequential ring on and off for each criteria by selecting and deselecting the check box.
- Regular schedule: allows you to apply a schedule to the sequential ring feature. If a schedule is applied, then sequential ring will only work during the specified hours.
- Holiday schedule: this setting allows you to apply a holidays schedule to the sequential ring feature. If a holiday schedule is applied, then sequential ring will only work during the specified hours.
- Any phone number: select this radio button to have calls from all numbers follow the sequential ring settings you created.
- Following phone numbers: select this radio button to specify which calls should follow the sequential ring settings you created.
- Any private number: select this check box to have all calls from private numbers follow the sequential ring settings you created.
- Any unavailable number: select this check box to have all calls from unavailable numbers follow the sequential ring settings you created.
- Specific number: enter a phone number in this box to have only calls from that number follow the sequential ring settings. If multiple numbers need to be entered, click the plus sign to the right to add another phone number box.
- Select the Active check box to turn criteria on for Sequential Ring. At least one criteria must be active to enable the feature. (Figure 1-10).
Figure 1-10 Activating Sequential Ring
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the Sequential Ring menu to save the settings.
- Make sure the ON/OFF button is set to ON. If it is set to OFF, click the button to change the setting to ON.
NextOS 2.0: How to setup up Sequential Ring
Sequential ring allows your line to ring up to 5 other lines in a set order. It works similar to a Find-Me/Follow-Me feature and allows you to get calls even outside the office. This feature has the ability to be enabled or disabled at set times or enabled all the time.
How to set up Sequential Ring from the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column. Click Users and search for the employee whose information you wish to edit. Click Edit.
For users, log in to the Customer Portal by going to cp.nextiva.com.
Note: if you’d like help setting up your schedule, click here.
- Select Incoming Calls under the Options menu on the left. Under the Basic menu, select Sequential Ring. You may need to scroll down to see this.
- Enter the phone numbers, or extensions, that should ring in the Phone Number text boxes. The order that you enter the numbers in determines what order those phones will ring in when someone calls that user. Next to each number, there is an Answer Confirmation option. This will request you to press a button on the external line to accept the call, or it will keep ringing to the other lines. Click Apply and then Add.
- Enter a description in the Description text box. Click OK.
- Select the On radio button toward the top of the screen. Click OK.
If you chose to disable this feature, follow the steps to access this feature and simply hit OFF then OK.
Pro TIP: Make sure each of your Sequential Ring locations is setup to physically ring a phone (and not just route to a voicemail box). If one of the locations has a voicemail box pick up during the attempt, that caller will route to the voicemail box that answered.
Hunt Groups Audio Success
Back to NextOS 3.0