Sequential ring allows your line to ring up to 5 other lines in a set order. It works similar to a Find-Me/Follow-Me feature and allows you to get calls even outside the office. This feature has the ability to be enabled or disabled at set times or enabled all the time.
How to set up Sequential Ring from the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column. Click Users and search for the employee whose information you wish to edit. Click Edit.
For users, log in to the Customer Portal by going to cp.nextiva.com.
Note: if you’d like help setting up your schedule, click here.
- Select Incoming Calls under the Options menu on the left. Under the Basic menu, select Sequential Ring. You may need to scroll down to see this.
- Enter the phone numbers, or extensions, that should ring in the Phone Number text boxes. The order that you enter the numbers in determines what order those phones will ring in when someone calls that user. Next to each number, there is an Answer Confirmation option. This will request you to press a button on the external line to accept the call, or it will keep ringing to the other lines. Click Apply and then Add.
- Enter a description in the Description text box. Click OK.
- Select the On radio button toward the top of the screen. Click OK.
If you chose to disable this feature, follow the steps to access this feature and simply hit OFF then OK.
Pro TIP: Make sure each of your Sequential Ring locations is setup to physically ring a phone (and not just route to a voicemail box). If one of the locations has a voicemail box pick up during the attempt, that caller will route to the voicemail box that answered.Hunt Groups Audio Success