Push to Talk (PTT) is a service that allows you to setup an intercom-like function between you and coworkers who you speak with regularly via your phone system.
How to set up PTT from the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column.
- Click Users and search for the employee who you want to set up with PTT. Click Edit to the right of the user who you want to intercom with. If you want others to intercom with you, click Edit to the right of your own name.
- Click Call Control on the far-left side of the screen. Click Push to Talk on the right side of the screen.
- Make sure the On radio button is selected for the Auto Answer option at the top of the screen.
- Select the Allow calls from everyone except the users selected below radio button. Click OK.
NOTE: For most Model Polycom phones, it is possible to add a PTT soft key to facilitate using the Push to Talk feature. If you have a Polycom phone, please contact Nextiva’s support department at 800-285-7995 to have this added.
How to use PTT via your Nextiva phone:
- Dial *50 from your Nextiva phone. You will hear three short beeps.
- Enter the extension of the person you want to intercom with, then press the # key. You will instantly be connected to other person, and will be speaking with them through their speakerphone.
How to Use Push to Talk from a Polycom Phone
- Press the PTT soft key at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the extension with which you want to intercom.
- Press the Enter soft key. You will instantly be connected to other person, and will be speaking with them through their speakerphone.