NextOS 3.0: How to set up Nextiva Anywhere
Nextiva Anywhere is a service that allows the user to make and receive calls from any device, at any location, with only one phone number, one dial plan, one voice mailbox, and a unified set of features. All calls to the user, including calls through a call group or call center, ring to the external device.
- For Administrators, log in to the NextOS 3.0 Beta portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top right.
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 Beta portal with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click Manage toward the bottom of the screen under the Users tile (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1 User Management
Don’t see this? Click here for previous versions.
- Hover the cursor over the name of the user that you would like to configure Nextiva Anywhere for, and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2 User Edit
- Scroll down and click the Mobility section(Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3 Mobility Option
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the Nextiva Anywhere option (Figure 1-4) option.
Figure 1-4 Nextiva Anywhere Edit
- If the user is using click-to-dial programs, such as the CommPilot Call Manager or the Nextiva Unity client, select the Alert all enabled locations for Click-to-Dial check box (Figure 1-5).
Figure 1-5 Nextiva Anywhere Options
- Select the Alert all locations for group paging check box to allow group pages to ring the external number (Figure 1-5).
- Click the plus sign to the right of the screen under the View available portal list link.
- Enter a label in the Description text box (Figure 1-6).
- Enter the external number in the Phone number text box.
Figure 1-6 Nextiva Anywhere External Number
- Click the green Save button to apply changes. A pop-up message will confirm if the settings have been updated (Figure 1-7).
Figure 1-7 Changes Applied
- Click the Advanced settings link to view the additional options (Figure 1-6).
- Fill in the remaining fields as indicated below (Figure 1-8):
Figure 1-8 Advanced Settings
- Outbound alternate phone number/SIP URI: This setting controls the number that shows when the user makes outbound calls using the Nextiva Anywhere service.
- Diversion Inhibitor: Nextiva Anywhere will ignore the destination number’s forwarding options. The setting only works if the destination number is another Nextiva phone number or extension.
- Answer Confirmation: Requires the user to press a key on their linked phone to accept a call. This is commonly used to alert the user that the incoming call is from Nextiva, rather than a direct call to the external device.
- Call Control: Allows the linked phone to use Nextiva-based call control services.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the Nextiva Anywhere menu. A pop-up message will confirm if the number has been added (Figure 1-9).
Figure 1-9 Saving Changes
Nextiva Anywhere allows the user to specify the time of day, day of the week, or days of the year in which calls should forward to the linked phone. Selective criteria can also be set up, which only allows the external device to ring when inbound calls are received from a specific phone number.
- Hover the cursor over the Nextiva Anywhere option and click the pencil icon that appears to the right (Figure 1-10).
Figure 1-10 Nextiva Anywhere Edit
- Scroll down and click the plus sign under the Add criteria for when to use Nextiva Anywhere ring list section (Figure 1-11).
Figure 1-11 Modifying the Selective Criteria
- Fill in the fields indicated below (Figure 1-12).
Figure 1-12 Selective Criteria
Click the green Save Criteria button toward the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- Description: A descriptive name for the criteria.
- Don’t use Nextiva Anywhere: When selected this will stop your external device from ringing when the criteria below is met.
- Regular Schedule: Allows the user to specify a schedule for when the external device should ring.
- Holiday Schedule: Allows the user to specify a holiday schedule for when the remote phone should ring. A Holiday schedule has precedence over a regular schedule.
- Any phone number: Allows calls from any phone number to ring the external device.
- Following phone numbers: Only allows calls from specific phone numbers to ring to the external device.
- Any private number: Allows calls from private phone numbers to ring the external device. The option is only visible if the “Following phone numbers” button is selected.
- Any unavailable number: Allows calls from unavailable phone numbers to ring to the external device. The option is only visible if the “Following phone numbers” button is selected.
- Specific number: Allows for a list of specific phone numbers to ring to the external device. This option is only visible if the “Following phone numbers” button is selected.
NextOS 2.0: Setting up Nextiva Anywhere (User Level)
Nextiva Anywhere allows you to make and receive calls from any device, at any location, with only one phone number, one dial plan, one voice mailbox, and unified set of features.This will allow you to move seamlessly to and from the devices you choice for this feature. You can now leave the office without leaving your business behind.
Back to NextOS 3.0
- Log into your Nextiva portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the Customer Login found at the top right.
- Once in your Nextiva portal select Call Control on the left hand side. Next, under advanced select Nextiva Anywhere. There should not be an area for you to enter in the cell phone number. Make sure you select Require Answer Confirmation and Use Nextiva-based Call Control Services
- Selective Criteria can be set to forward or not forward calls based on a schedule. When in this tab click Add, type in your description and select the schedule you would like to be added to you Nextiva Anywhere feature. This will allow Nextiva Anywhere to work on your schedule.