Music on Hold (MoH) is an included service that plays music when you place a caller on hold. The service is turned on by default and will play a generic music file. Custom music can be uploaded so that when someone is placed on hold, your callers will hear whatever you prefer.
All MoH files must be formatted with the following specifications:
- .wav formatted
- μ-law, PCMU or G711μ
- 8 or 16 bit
How to set up Music on Hold from the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column.
- From the Options menu in the left column, select Services then Music/Video on Hold under the Basic column.
- Click Edit to set the Music on Hold preferences.
- Choose which on hold scenarios for which you would like to receive custom Music on Hold.
- Click Choose File to upload your Music on Hold file and click OK
NOTE: If you receive any errors regarding the size or format of the file you are trying to upload, please contact Nextiva’s support department and We can format the file for you. To contact our support team please email us at email@example.com, Submit a Ticket, or give us call at 800.285.7995.File types
Tell us how can we improve this post?