The Call Park service allows users to park a call against a member of their group so that any other member of the group can retrieve it using just a star code. You can park a call against any extension in your account, or create a group park extension so multiple users have a chance to take the call.
How to set up Call Parking from the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column.
- From the menu on the left-hand side, click Services, and then select Call Park under the Basic column.
- First click Add to set up your group. You’ll want to include all of the users utilizing this feature. If a user is not in the same group as the user who parked the call, they will not be able to retrieve the call.
- Enter a name for your Group Call Park. Then click Search to populate a list of users from your account.
- Click on the users you wish to add, then Add or Add All. OK will save your changes.
- Once the group is determined, anyone in the group can park a call against any extension of any user in the group. For example, let’s say you have a Call Park group which includes Mike at ext 101 and Joe at extension 100. If Joe takes a call, he can park that call against extension 101 if he’d like Mike to take the call.
How to use Call Park from your Nextiva phone:
- To park a call, while you are on a call, press the transfer button.
- Then dial *68 and enter the extension you are parking the call against.
- If you are the person taking the call, to retrieve it dial *88 and the extension number where the call is parked.
Tell us how can we improve this post?