Call Forwarding Selective allows you to forward your phone calls to another number at specific times, such as after hours, holidays, weekends or vacations. In order to utilize this feature effectively, you will need to have previously created a schedule. Now you’ll never miss an important phone call, and you won’t have to provide clients or co-workers with multiple phone numbers where they can reach you. Nextiva provides several forwarding options from which to choose. Make sure to consider all options for forwarding so you pick the appropriate one for you.
The following steps will allow you to set up Call Forwarding Selective using the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column. Next click “Users” and find the appropriate employee needing forwarding setup.
For users, log in to the Customer Portal by going to cp.nextiva.com.
- Once you are at the user level, in the portal click Incoming Calls from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Under the Advanced column (right-hand side), select Call Forwarding Selective.
- In the field titled Default Call Forward to phone number / SIP-URI enter the 10 digit phone number where you would like to forward incoming calls that meet the predefined forwarding criteria (schedule). Click Apply and then click Add (don’t turn on forwarding until the last step).
- Enter a name/description for the Call Forwarding Selective entry, such as “Weekends”. Choose whether you wish to use the Default Forwarding phone number you just added, or a specific number for this particular forward. You can also tell the system not to forward by selecting that option. Then select the schedule you’d like forwarding to follow (How to set up a schedule). There is also an option to select specific callers who will be forwarded (such as, all calls from your boss, for example).
- After you have finished entering criteria, click OK to save. To activate or deactivate this feature, simply select On or Off and then Apply.
After you have set this up in the portal, you are now free to use Star Codes to turn the service on and off.
- To activate Call Forwarding Selective, dial #76
- To deactivate Call Forwarding Selective, dial #77
Tell us how can we improve this post?