NextOS 2.0: How to set up Call Forward Always
Call Forwarding Always allows you to forward all incoming phone calls to another phone number when you are away from your desk or outside the office. Use this feature if you are in a meeting, out for lunch or working from home and would like calls to be re-directed. Now you’ll never miss an important phone call, and you won’t have to provide clients or co-workers with multiple phone numbers where they can reach you. Nextiva provides several forwarding options from which to choose. Make sure to consider all options for forwarding so you pick the appropriate one for you.
How to activate Call Forwarding Always from your phone:
- To activate Call Forwarding Always, dial *72 and then enter the 10 digit phone number where you want your calls to forward, followed by the # key. i.e. *72 2125557878 #. (Note: The phone provides prompts to guide you as well.)
- To deactivate Call Forwarding Always, dial *73.
- To check to see if your phone is set to Call Forwarding Always, dial *21*.
- You can also set Call Forwarding Always to route all calls straight to your voicemail box. To activate this, dial *21 and to deactivate this feature, dial #21.
The following steps will allow you to set up Call Forwarding Always using the Nextiva Portal:
Back to NextOS 3.0
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column. Next click “Users” and find the appropriate employee needing Call Forwarding Always setup.
For users, log in to the Customer Portal by going to cp.nextiva.com.
- Once you navigate to the user level, in the portal click Incoming Calls under the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Under the Basic column, select Call Forwarding Always.
- In the field titled Calls Forward to phone number / SIP-URI enter the 10 digit phone number where you would like to forward incoming calls. To activate or deactivate this feature, simply select On or Off. You can also opt to have your Nextiva phone “Play Ring Reminder when a call is forwarded” when Call Forwarding Always is On. This will let you know calls are being forwarded, which is useful so you don’t forget the calls are bypassing your phone.
- It is always a good idea to perform a test call to confirm forwarding is working.