Nextiva Portal Setup:
You must associate the phone you are attempting to setup with an employee before it will be fully operational. Make sure you have followed the steps outlined in “Adding a Phone to Your Nextiva Account” and “Creating an Employee” before continuing.
Log in to your NextOS Portal account. Select NextOS for Account Type and enter the username and password that was provided in your welcome email.
Assigning the Phone to an Employee:
- Once you have logged into your Nextiva Portal you will see Account Setup on the left-hand side. Click View Sites & Employees, and then click Employees next to the appropriate location.
- Click Edit next to the employee to which you are trying to assign the phone.
- Scroll down to Assigned Devices and click Assign New Device
- Under Device information locate Generic SIP Phone with the Device drop down.
- Click Generate next to Authentication Password.
- Copy down your SIP Username, Authentication Name, and Authentication Password so that you can use this information later during the setup of your X-Lite 4.
Ensure that the computer you have installed Counterpath X-Lite on has a physical hardwire internet connection. Wireless applications can lead to poor audio quality depending on the strength of the signal.
Once X-Lite has been installed, run the application.
In the top left you will see a drop down labeled “Softphone”, click softphone, select Account Settings and follow these steps:
In Account Settings, fill out the required information under the tab Account.
- Account name: This can be anything. Fill out something so that you can identify this account name in the future.
Under User Details
- User ID: Input the SIP Username from the employee that will be using this device
- Domain: Input prod.voipdnsservers.com:5062
- Password: Input the Authentication Password from the employee that will be using this device
- Display name: This can be anything. This name will display when calling from Nextiva to Nextiva
- Authorization name: Input the Authentication Name for the employee that will be using this device
- Leave the Domain Proxy at default
- Click the tab labeled Topology towards the top of the window
- For Firewall traversal method: choose the None (use local IP address) radio button
- Click OK to save all