Push to Talk (PTT) allows people to call each other and have the call answered automatically. The user can control which callers are allowed to contact you in this way. PTT is a feature that works very similar to an intercom system. To set this feature up, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the NextOS Portal.
- Once inside the Portal, click Enterprise Admin Login on the left-hand side of the screen. This will take you to the Customer Portal enterprise screen.
- Click Users. This will bring up all the users on the account. Select the user for which you wish to enable the feature.
- On the user profile, screen click on the Call Control link on the left-hand side of the screen.
- On the Call Control screen click Push to Talk. The Push to Talk screen will allow you to set up the people that can use the Push to Talk feature with this user.
- You will need to follow these steps for each user you wish to have the ability to use this feature.
In order to use this feature, Polycom users will have a PTT soft key. On the PTT menu, enter the extension of the person with whom you wish to speak. The call will connect.
Other phone users can use feature code *50 and enter the extension of the person you wish to speak with. Then, press the # key. This will complete the call.Amazing Service, Auto answer, Automatically answer phone, Call Control, Contact, Control, Control Link, Control Screen, Customer Portal, Feature Code, how can I set up push to talk, How do I set up push to talk, How to set up Push to talk, Intercom System, Left Hand Side, Nbsp, NextOS Features, People, Phone Users, Profile Screen, PTT, Push to Talk, Service Team Member, Set up push to talk, Setting up push to talk, User Profile