Custom ringback tones allow customers to hear a selected audio file rather than ringing when they call your phone.
How to set a custom ringback tone:
- Open up the user’s personal web portal
- Select Incoming Calls under Options
- Click on Custom Ringback User, then click Add and enter a description.
- Select Play Custom Ringback. Select any schedules you which to apply or if you wish to set this ringback for only for selected phone numbers, otherwise skip this step. Click on the Initial Ringback tab
- Select the Personal Ringback File radio button. Click Choose File and select the file that you wish to upload. Finally, click OK.
File format for the Ringback tone
All ringback tones need to be in one of the following formats:
- .wav formatted
- μ-law, PCMU or G711μ
- 8 or 16 bit
Setting up ringback tones on other services
Custom ringback tones can be added on any service that provides ringback in the same way as above. The entire group can have a ringback tone set, as well.
Group Ringback tones
- Login to the CP Porta. Then click on Groups.
- Select the group you wish to set the ringback on. Select Services under Options
- Click on Custom Ringback Group. Next, click Add, enter a Description and select Play Custom Ringback.
- Select any schedules you which to apply or if you wish to set this ringback for only for selected phone numbers, otherwise skip this step
- Click on the Initial Ringback tab,select the Personal Ringback File radio button. finallyClick choose File and select the file that you wish to upload and click OK.