Music on Hold (MoH) is a service that plays music when you place a customer on hold. This service is turned on by default and will play generic music. Custom music can be uploaded so that when someone is placed on hold they hear whatever music you prefer to use.
How to format Music on Hold files:
All MoH files need to formatted to one of the following specifications:
- .wav formatted
- μ-law, PCMU or G711μ
- 8 or 16 bit
How to upload Music on Hold files:
- Log into the CP Portal
- Click on Groups
- Click on Search to pull up a list of all the groups on the account
- Select the group that will have the Music on Hold updated. If you did not setup groups, then select the default group
- From the options menu select Services
- Under basic services select Music/Video on Hold
- Click on Group to set the group Music on Hold
- Choose Custom Music/Video File
- Click on Choose File to upload a new Music on Hold file
- Click OK
Now all calls that are placed on hold will have the new music.
There can be a separate Music on Hold file for each site/group on your account. If you have call centers or call queues setup, then each of those can have their own music, as well. Nextiva does not currently support streaming music for Music on Hold.
Internal calls can have different music, as well. On the Music on Hold page, select the tab Internal Calls Settings and check the box that says "Use Alternate Source for Internal Calls".
Tags: Custom, Custom Music, Custom on hold music, Features, Hold Music, how to change music on hold, Music on Hold, NextOS Features, Ring tone, Ringtone, Set up on hold music, Setting up on-hold music