Schedules are used to dictate when different call processing polices are activated/deactivated. You can setup multiple schedules for any week, or even holiday schedules. Schedules will need to be setup in order for many features to work correctly within the Nextiva platform. Please remember to create a working schedule as well as any after-hours schedule so that you can properly route calls throughout the day.
Setting up a schedule from the portal:
1. To add a schedule click Add and type in the Schedule name. There are two types of schedules, Holiday and Time. Holiday schedules are used to override time schedules to allow for alternate schedules to be used on selected days. A Time schedule is used for activating and deactivating call processing policies on an everyday basis. Once you select a type click OK to add the schedule.
2. Each schedule can have multiple events to allow for complex call processing policies. Once a schedule is added it will show up under Schedules and can be selected by clicking on it. When you click on the schedule, it will open the Schedule Modify screen. This screen will allow you to add events to the schedule. To add an event, click Add. This opens the Event Add screen.
3. Enter an Event Name. Enter a Start Date, Start Time, End Date, and End Time. To make this an all day event, check the box next to ALL Day Event. If you are going to have a Recurrence Pattern for this event then the Start Date and End Date are relative and the schedule will follow the Recurrence Pattern first. This means, if you put in today’s date for the start date, tomorrow’s date for the end date, and make the event active every Monday, then the event will go from Monday into Tuesday every week.
4. Recurrence Patterns can be set for this event so it will repeat. The event can be repeated Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly. You can also set an end date for this event after a set number of occurrences or have it end on a specific date.
· Daily- The event is repeated every set number of days.
· Weekly- The event is repeated every set number of weeks on selected days of the week.
· Monthly- The event is repeated every set number of months on a selected day of the month. That day can be set based on date (such as the 1st of the month or 25 of the month) or by the specific day of the week within the month. For example, the second Tuesday of the month.
Yearly- This event is repeated every set number of years on a selected day of the year. That day can be set based on date (such as the 1st of a set month or the 25 day of that month) or by the specific day of the week within a set month. For example, the second Tuesday of November.Tags: Add a schedule, Holiday schedule, Holidays, How do I setup a schedule, NextOS, NextOS Features, Schedule, Scheduling, Set up schedules, Setting up a schedule, Time Schedule