Nextiva supports a variety of different softphones with our Hosted SIP Service. We recommend Bria, which is a product made by Counterpath, a non-affiliated company. Bria is simply-designed and offers the functionality necessary to integrate with our NextOS platform. It also provides a module that is easy to setup and use.
NOTE : Bria is not compatible with all Android devices. Please review the following list to ensure that your iPhone device is compatible with the Bria softphone software before purchasing the application.
- Android V2.2 or later
- HTC Evo™ 4G
- HTC Desire™
- HTC Desire Z™
- HTC Wildfire™
- HTC Thunderbolt™
- HTC Aria™
- HTC Legend™
- HTC One V™
- Droid Incredible by HTC
- Nexus One™
- Samsung Epic™ 4G Android Smartphone (SPH-D700)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus™
- Samsung Galaxy S i9000
- Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate™ 3G+ (SCH-i500)
- Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant™ (GT-i9000)
- Samsung Galaxy S Captivate™ (SGH-i896)
- Samsung Galaxy S2™
- Samsung Galaxy S III™
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- DROID by Motorola
- DROID 2 by Motorola
- DROID X by Motorola
- Motorola ATRIX™
- Motorola Charm™
- Motorola Droid Bionic™
- Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX™
- Motorola Milestone™
- Motorola XPRT™ MB612
- Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X10
1.) Our first step will include downloading and installing the Bria softphone on your Android device. There is a cost associated to this software and may be purchased through your Google Play Store.
2.) Once the application has been installed, we can proceed to the setup process. There are few pre-requirements necessary to be completed within your Nextiva NextOS Portal before the softphone can be provisioned and register with Nextiva’s servers.
- An employee must be created within your NextOS Portal with an assigned extension
- A Generic SIP Device must be added to the NextOS Portal under Devices.
- The employee that was created must have a Generic SIP Device assigned to the employee under the Assigned Devices section. You can access this information by clicking EDIT next to the employee to whom the softphone will be assigned.
3.) Once you have opened the Bria application on your softphone you will see an icon in the bottom right corner of the screen that appears as, Two Gear Sockets connected together. Select this icon to access the Settings Menu.
4.) At this point you will see various options within the Settings Menu. From here proceed by tapping the option labeled as Accounts.
5.) At the top of the screen you will see an option labeled as ACCOUNTS +. Tap this option to begin creating a new account through your Bria Softphone.
6.) Avoid selecting any of the predefined criteria of another provider. Proceed to select SIP Making Calls.
7.) Here you will enter in information necessary to provision the Bria Softphone with information that can be obtained through NextOS portal. Have your employee information available before proceeding into the next steps
- Account Name – Enter “Nextiva” or any description you would like to describe as your account name
- Display As – You can enter anything in this field and will typically show up as an “internal caller ID setting” when dialing another employee or extension on your NextOS portal
- Username – this was created when you established the employee on the Nextiva NextOS Portal. You can EDIT your employee and proceed to click on EDIT under Assigned Devices to obtain these credentials. Your username will be labeled as SIP Username on the NextOS Portal.
- Password – This will also be defined under the EDIT section of your employee on the NextOS Portal. If it is not clearly visible on the portal, select Reset Authentication Password and press the Generate button. Here a new password will be created and before submitting enter the defined criteria into your Bria Softphone.
- Domain – your domain should be listed as, prod.voipdnsservers.com:5062 when connecting your Bria Softphone to a Nextiva NextOS account
- VM Number – Your voicemail number should be entered as 9999
- Proceed to click on Account Advanced
- Outbound Proxy – This should be listed as, prod.voipdnsservers.com:5062
- Authorization Name – The authorization name will also be obtained through your NextOS portal along with the information of the SIP Username and Domain. In your portal this will be labeled as “Authentication Name.”
- At this time select the Back option and return to the Accounts Menu
- Press the Menu key on your Android phone and select EXIT
- Reload the Bria application through your application menu
- Select the CHECK BOX to the right of the account to enable the account
- You should proceed to see the Bria Icon display a registration (meaning the red X is removed from the Bria Logo)
- Place a test call to confirm success by selecting the PHONE icon at the bottom of the Bria Softphone Menu
NOTE : Bria’s interactions will vary depending on connection via Wi-Fi, 3G & 4G. It is recommended using the Bria Softphone with a Wi-Fi or 4G connection typically. However, 3G connections may not provide enough bandwidth to support a quality phone call depending on the signal strength of your service provider. Data rates with your service provider may apply.
Android, Bria, Bria Softphone, How do i set up a Bria Soft phone on an Android device, How do i set up a Bria Softphone on an Android device, NextOS, NextOS Features, NextOS Toolbar, Softphone