Nextiva Portal Setup:
You must associate the phone you are attempting to setup with an employee before it will be fully operational. Make sure you have followed the steps outlined in “Adding a Phone to Your Nextiva Account” and “Creating an Employee” before continuing.
Log in to your NextOS Portal account. Select NextOS for Account Type and enter the username and password that was provided in your welcome email.
Assigning the Phone to an Employee:
- Once you have logged into your Nextiva Portal you will see Account Setup on the left-hand side. Click View Sites & Employees, and then click Employees next to the appropriate location.
- Click Edit next to the employee you are trying to assign the phone to.
- Scroll down to Assigned Devices and click Assign New Device
- Under Device information locate Nextiva Polycom UC 550 560 (Your MAC Address) with the Device drop down.
- Click Generate next to Authentication Password and finalize the setup by clicking Submit.
Phone Pre-Setup: The Polycom 550 requires a physical connection to a power source and an Internet connection. This model of phone has no wireless capabilities. Ensure your phone is properly connected before attempting setup. Checking your connections:
- Power Port: On the back of the phone there is a round port labeled 24V DC used for providing the phone power. Ensure there is a power cord connecting to a power source (e.g. Wall outlet, or power strip). Note: The Polycom power cords have two parts that must first be connected.
- LAN Port: On the back of the phone there is a port labeled LAN. This port is used to connect the phone to an Internet connection. Ensure that there is an Ethernet cord going from the LAN port to an active Internet connection (e.g. Router, Switch, or an Internet jack on the wall).
Phone Setup: As soon as you connect the power cord to your phone the phone will attempt to power up. The phone will go to a screen that says “Loading Application”. The phone will say Cancel at the bottom of the display. Press the button that corresponds to the Cancel option. This will take you to a screen that says “Welcome! 10 seconds until auto boot”. Press the button on the phone that corresponds to the Setup option and follow these steps:
- You will be prompted to enter a password. Input “456” using the number keypad.
- Scroll down using the arrow pad on the phone until you see Server Menu or Provisioning and press select.
- Scroll down to Server Type and press Edit. Using the arrow pad, adjust the server type until it displays HTTP, then press OK.
- It should now bring you to Server Address (if it does not, locate Server Address), press Edit.
Using the keypad input Server Address: dc.nextiva.com/uc550/
- Server Address is case sensitive
- Periods can be created by pressing *
- Forward slashes can be created by pressing #
- Once the Server Address has been added, press OK
- Press Exit to exit the Server Menu
- Press Exit again to exit the Setup Menu
- Press Save and Reboot to save the changes and reboot the phone
The phone will attempt to boot up and configure to the settings of the employee assigned to the phone. Please allow the phone a few minutes to boot. Note: If the phone displays could not contact boot server at any time then it is important to check that the correct MAC Address is assigned to the employee and that the Server Address was put in exactly as directed above. Having a capital letter or a missing character can cause the phone to not connect properly.Amp, Authentication Password, Email Phone, G Wall, Install new phone, Install Phone, Install phones, Internet Connection, Ip Phone, Left Hand Side, Mac Address, Nbsp, Phone Internet, Phone Set Up, Phone Setup, Polycom, Polycom phone, Polycom phones, Polycom Soundpoint, Polycom Soundpoint IP 550, Portal Account, Power Cord, Power Cords, Power Source, Power Strip, Uc, Wireless Capabilities