The NextOS Toolbar is used with Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer and enables users to perform basic call control and configure commonly used services via the on-screen Toolbar instead of the phone or device. This feature is available for Nextiva Enterprise customers only.
The first step to activating this feature is to install the Toolbar application to your desktop.
- Follow this link: http://nextiva.com/assistant/Assistant%20Enterprise_17_0_232_1.exe
- Run the file and make sure to have IE, Firefox and Outlook closed.
- You will need to be an administrator to install it.
- The first time it is run it might have a security popup on the bottom of the screen that you have to allow.
- Once installed, click on the Settings button to display your options.
- On the General tab, check the box that says Auto login when connected to network.
- Under the Account tab, put in the user level login and password. You may choose to save the username and password here. You must have user level login enabled for this user in order for the Toolbar to work.
- Under Connection, put cp.nextiva.com and leave the port at 2208
- Click OK to close the Options window.
- Last, click the button that looks like an eye to log in.
With Outlook 2007 and later versions, the Toolbar shows up in the Add-Ins ribbon.
You would follow the same steps to get this to work as with Internet Explorer. Setup is only required once for the Toolbar to work in IE, Firefox, and Outlook.Amazing Service, Auto Login, Enterprise Customers, Firefox, Ins, Internet Explorer, Microsoft, Microsoft Explorer, Microsoft Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Nbsp, Nextiva Enterprise, NextOS, NextOS Toolbar, Options Window, Outlook Explorer, Popup, Ribbon, Service Team Member, Set Up, Setting up a NextOS toolbar, Setting up a toolbar, Settings Button, Setup, Toolbar, Toolbar Set Up, Toolbar Setup