Schedules are used to dictate when different call processing polices are activated and deactivated automatically. You can set up multiple schedules depending on your company needs. Schedules are used along with services such as Auto Attendants, Sequential Rings, or Call Forwarding Selective, to specify the time when the service action (ringing the phones, forwarding calls or routing to voicemail) should take place. Schedules are a great way to automatically route calls during recurring holidays, such as Christmas or Labor Day. Please remember to create a working schedule, as well as an after hours schedule, so you can properly route calls automatically within your account.
How to set up a holiday schedule from the Nextiva Portal:
There are two types of schedules: holiday and time-based. A time-based schedule is used for activating and deactivating call processing policies on a daily basis. Holiday schedules are used to set up yearly recurring closed days, such as Christmas for example. In these instructions we will address holiday schedules. For help with time-based schedules click here.
Nextiva offers generic holiday greetings that we invite you to use. You can download them here:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column.
- Under the Basic options, choose Schedules. To start a new schedule, click Add and type in a unique name, schedule type (Holiday) and then click OK.
- Click Add and enter the Event Name. Select the Start Date, specify All Day Event. Set the Recurrence Pattern to Yearly. Click OK. Repeat this step as necessary until you have added all of the observed holidays.
- Click OK when all definitions are complete. Then click OK to confirm changes and leave the Schedules page. Now that you have created the holiday schedule you'll want to assign it to the appropriate Auto Attendant, Hunt Group, Call Center or user.
- Closed for the Holiday
- Closed for the Holiday Season
- Closed for Thanksgiving – Please leave a message
- Closed for Christmas – Please leave a message
- Closed for New Year's – Please leave a message
If you would like a customized recording, the Nextiva team is happy to record one for you for $25 per each recorded file. Nextiva offers several voice options. Please send your script requests and any other notes about your recording to email@example.com, and we will reply with your attached professional voice recording within 24 to 48 hours.Adding Schedules Adding Employees Adding Devices
Tell us how can we improve this post?