Now you can customize your Auto Attendant message with ease. Once your greeting is created and saved as a wave file, you’re welcome to upload it to your account by following the instructions below. Most files require formatting, and, Nextiva can also upload files to your account for you at no additional cost.
To upload a recorded file, you must follow these formatting rules:
- PCM Uncompressed (sometimes called u-Law)
- 8 or 16 Bit
- 8000 HZ
- Also, please note files larger than 5MB may not upload.
This is the only file format accepted within the Nextiva system. There are many audio file converters available for free online. Nextiva Support can also convert the file for you and send it back or upload it for you if you choose. If you would like us to upload the greeting for you, please send an email with the file to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you include upload instructions and account verification, Support will convert the file, upload and send the converted version back to you within 24 to 48 business hours. Or you can upload the files yourself by following these instructions.
How to upload an Auto Attendant greeting:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in.
- Once logged in, select Sites & Employees. Choose the site where you want the audio file added. Click the Admin Login button for the right site.
- After you click the login button (make sure you have popups enabled), you’ll be within the control panel (cp.nextiva.com). Here, under Profile, click “Announcement Repository” to access all of the group-level audio files.
- To upload your file, click “Add”. You’ll name your file, and then upload the new file.
- Click OK to complete. Now the file will be available to add to your Auto Attendant(s).
- To assign the file to your Attendant, click Services on the left-hand menu. Select Auto Attendant.
- Click on the Attendant you’re setting up or updating. Then click Menus.
- Click the correct menu (Business or After hours), and be sure the radio button is set to Personal Greeting.
- Now the audio file you uploaded should be available in the drop-down menu under Personal Greeting. Select it and click “Apply or OK”.
Tell us how can we improve this post?