Nextiva Portal Setup:
You must associate the phone you are attempting to setup with an employee before it will be fully operational. Make sure you have followed the steps outlined in “Adding a Phone to Your Nextiva Account” and “Creating an Employee” before continuing.
Log in to your NextOS Portal account. Select NextOS for Account Type and enter the username and password that was provided in your welcome email.
Assigning the Phone to an Employee:
- Once you have logged into your Nextiva Portal you will see Account Setup on the left-hand side. Click View Sites & Employees, and then click Employees next to the appropriate location.
- Click Edit next to the employee you are trying to assign the phone to.
- Scroll down to Assigned Devices and click Assign New Device
- Under Device information locate Nextiva Pansonic-KX-TGP-550 (Your MAC Address) with the Device drop down.
- Click Generate next to Authentication Password and finalize the setup by clicking Submit
The Panasonic KX-TGP550 requires a physical connection to a power source and an Internet connection. This model of phone has no wireless capabilities. Ensure your phone is properly connected before attempting setup.
Checking your connections:
- Power Port: On the back of the phone there is a round port labeled 6.5V used for providing the phone power. Ensure there is a power cord connecting to a power source (e.g. Wall outlet, or power strip).
- LAN Port: On the back of the phone there is a port labeled LAN. This port is used to connect the phone to an Internet connection. Ensure that there is an Ethernet cord going from the LAN port to an active Internet connection (e.g. Router, Switch, or an Internet jack on the wall).
Locate the base that you would like the handset to be synced with and press the ALL button. On the 500, this is a button located on the side of the base and it will say ALL.
Press and hold the ALL button for 4 seconds. The base will start beeping. Follow these steps:
- On the handset, press OK. The phone will say "Please Wait" as it attempts to sync up. This should not take longer than 1 minute.
- On the phone press the Menu key.
- Using the joystick, scroll down to the icon that looks like a toolbox (IP Service), and press Select.
- Press Select on Network setting. Then, scroll down and press select on Embedded web.
- Highlight the word On and press Save.
- Press Back to exit the embedded web menu.
- Scroll to IP settings and press Enter. The IP address should be displayed on the screen now
On a computer with access to the internet, open an internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox). In the address bar type in the IP address of the phone.
This will prompt you for a username and password.
User name: admin
Once you have logged into the web interface of the phone, press Maintenance in the top right corner.
On the left, click Provisioning Maintenance.
In the box labeled Standard File URL input:
In the box labeled Product File URL input:
Once complete, press Save to submit changes.