Nextiva Portal Setup:
You must associate the phone you are attempting to setup with an employee before it will be fully operational. Make sure you have followed the steps outlined in “Adding a Phone to Your Nextiva Account” and “Creating an Employee” before continuing.
Log in to your NextOS Portal account. Select NextOS for Account Type and enter the username and password that was provided in your welcome email.
Assigning the Phone to an Employee:
- Once you have logged into your Nextiva Portal you will see Account Setup on the left-hand side. Click View Sites & Employees, and then click Employees next to the appropriate location.
- Click Edit next to the employee to which you are trying to assign the phone.
- Scroll down to Assigned Devices and click Assign New Device.
- Under Device information locate Nextiva Polycom-VVX600 (Your MAC Address) with the Device drop down.
- Click Generate next to Authentication Password and finalize the setup by clicking Submit.
The Polycom VVX 600 requires a physical connection to a power source and an Internet connection. This model of phone has no wireless capabilities. Ensure your phone is properly connected before attempting setup.
Checking your connections:
- LAN Port: On the back of the phone there is a port labeled LAN. This port is used to connect the phone to a power source and an Internet connection.
- 48V Port: On the back of the phone to the left of the LAN port, there is a port label 48V. Please connect the Polycom-supplied 48V power adapter to this port.
- Please ensure that the phone has the power cable plugged in to a working power source, and that the opposite end of the LAN cable is plugged into an active network.
- For more information, see the Polycom user manual, or contact Nextiva Support at 1-800-285-7995.
As soon as the connections are properly connected to the LAN and 48V (power) ports of the phone the phone will attempt to power up. The phone will go to a screen that says “Loading Application”. The phone will say Cancel at the bottom of the display. Press the on-screen button that corresponds to the Cancel option.
This will take you to a screen that says “Welcome! 10 seconds until auto boot”.
Press the on-screen button on the phone that corresponds to the Setup option and follow these steps:
- You will be prompted to enter a password. Input “456” using the number keypad.
- Scroll down using the Headset and Speakerphone buttons (up and down, respectively) on the phone until you see Server Menu or Provisioning Server and press select.
- Scroll down to Server Type using the Headset and Speakerphone buttons and press Edit. Using the Headset and Speakerphone buttons again, adjust the server type until it displays HTTP, and then press OK.
- It should now bring you to Server Address (if it does not, locate Server Address), press Edit.
Using the keypad input Server Address: dc.nextiva.com/ucvvx600/
- Server Address is case sensitive
- Periods can be created by pressing *
- Forward slashes can be created by pressing #
- Once the Server Address has been added, press OK
- Press Exit to exit the Server Menu
- Press Exit again to exit the Setup Menu
- Press Save and Reboot to save the changes and reboot the phone.
The phone will attempt to boot up and configure to the settings of the employee assigned to the phone. Please allow the phone a few minutes to boot. If you have any questions directly ask an Amazing Service Team member here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If the phone displays could not contact boot server at any time then it is important to check that the correct MAC Address is assigned to the employee and the Server Address was put in exactly as directed above. Having a capital letter or a missing character can cause the phone to not connect properly.